- Government Information Systems Managers’ Forum (GOVIS) began in 1991 and became an incorporated society in 2007.
- GOVIS is an all-of-government network run by volunteers.
- Staff in GOVIS member organisations participate for free in our forums and events and annual GOVIS conference at a discount.
- We discuss all aspects of technology and information operations and strategy.
- GOVIS does not seek to shape or promote policy. GOVIS is issue-neutral so there is no conflict with our roles as public servants, serving the Government of the day impartially.
Caption: GOVIS Management Committee Members for 2012/13
From left (back row): Mick Crouch, Matt Mansell, Rebecca Schasching, Matt Ross & Doug Neilson
- From left (front row): Chris Butler, Claire Benson, Ros Coote & Kevin Neogy
- Not present in the photo: David Fitzgerald-Irons, Mark Weirzbicki & Uma Mukherjee
What can GOVIS do for you?
- Our network offers several ways to learn, present and share about government information systems
- Lunchtime events, where you hear presentations by colleagues and peers in government. See the Events Calendar.
- Online forums where you are free to share and discuss common issues. Find out more about forums.
- A large conference event every year, held in Wellington. See Conferences
- Online library of past presentations and videos of events.
- We can help you upskill as a networker and leader. If you join the GOVIS committee you will learn to build and lead a major practitioner community.
GOVIS Management Committee 2012/13
GOVIS Management Committee members for 2012/13 are:
- Ros Coote (Co-President), State Services Commission
- Matt Mansell (Co-President), Department of Internal Affairs
- Mick Crouch, (Vice President), Department of Internal Affairs (Archives New Zealand)
- Claire Benson (Secretary), The Treasury
- David Fitzgerald-Irons, (Treasurer), Statistics New Zealand
- Kevin Neogy (WebMaster), Inland Revenue
- Rebecca Schasching, KiwiRail
- Chris Butler, New Zealand Transport Agency
- Doug Neilson, Ministry of Justice
- Clifton Chan, Inland Revenue
- Mark Weirzbicki, Ministry of Social Ddevelopment
- Uma Mukherjee, Inland Revenue
- Matt Ross, Department of Internal Affairs