In the public sector, we are the kaitiaki of our land, environment, resources and the people of Aotearoa New Zealand. We are here to protect and support them. That means that as guardians, we must think, plan, and manage with the future interests of all New Zealanders at heart.
Digital stewardship or Kaitiakitanga-ā-Matihiko is about identifying our future digital challenges, to extend digital inclusion, to build skilled, resilient and trusted teams and technologies, and to ensure the security and wellbeing of Aotearoa.
Call for Presentations Now Open!
The call for presentations for GOVIS 2019 is now open. We invite you to contribute to GOVIS 2019 - Kaitiakitanga-ā-Matihiko | Digital Stewardship, sharing your insights, inspiring case studies, and best practices by presenting at next year’s conference.
We are inviting speakers to share their experiences and kōrero, to help others learn how we can successfully contribute to strengthening Aotearoa New Zealand’s Kaitiakitanga-ā-Matihiko | Digital Stewardship role. As a little food for thought, spend some time considering some of the stewardship challenges:
- Supporting and extending digital equity across the government ecosystem
- Governing data access and opportunities to build new relationships
- Building digital stewardship capability
- Digital stewardship and the Treaty of Waitangi – what are the challenges and what are the opportunities?
Reasons to Present
- Contribute to the community by sharing your key learnings and best practices around your digital stewardship journey.
- Gain recognition, enhance your professional credibility and share your passion.
- Through networking across the public sector with your information and technology peers, you’ll build lasting connections.
- Receive a complimentary day registration (on the day you present).
- Receive complimentary professional presenter training with Mindmeld Coaching.
Please submit a “call for presentation précis” by submitting your presentation idea(s) here. The call for presentations closes on 20 February 2019.
Key dates for GOVIS 2019
Call for Presentations opens 15 November 2018
Call for Presentations closes 20 February 2019
Papers selected, presenters confirmed 5 April 2019
Conference 6-7 June 2019